This assignment reinforces information in your textbook and learning objectives in this unit. It is recommended that you work through this assignment as you complete your reading assignment. Each question is worth 20 points. You will be graded on the accuracy and thoroughness of your responses.
- How has Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) impacted healthcare organizations and patients?
- What was the intent of the passage of Medicaid?
- What was the intent of the passage of Medicare?
- The ACA has 4 broad headings: providing new consumer protection; improving quality and lowering costs; increasing access to affordable care; and holding insurance companies accountable. Identify two provisions under each category. How does each provision contribute to the meeting the intent of its broader category? (One paragraph per provision is an appropriate length.)
- Innovative long-term care services that meet the diverse medical needs, personal desires, and lifestyle choices of older Americans have made important strides over the years. What are two of these innovations? How have these innovations impacted the healthcare industry? Discuss policy and societal changes that led to each innovation. (One paragraph per innovation in an appropriate length).