Research Experience #1
Due at the end of Week 2 (not eligible for late policy unless an approved documented exception).
Your Research Experience is to find a recent article that focuses on fake news published since 2015. Note the resources available in this thread including the “Research_Communication_Table.docx”, the “LRC database directions.docx”, and the video overview.
- Locate the article in the LRC database (not the Internet), read the article, and then develop a 25 to 50-word summary.
- Save the “Research Communication Table” file to your desktop using the following file name format: Your_Name_Wk1.docx
- Please make sure to save it with your name! Next, open the file and fill in the appropriate information (see below).
In order to receive credit for completing this task you must:
- Log in to one of the LRC provided databases (such as EBSCOhost, Congressional Quarterly Review, etc.)
- Search for the term “fake news”
- Fill out the table with the following details: database, number of sources found when searching “fake news”, title, author, date of publication, and the summary
- Write a short 25 to 50-word summary
- Complete the file and save it
- Upload the Your_Name_Wk1.docx file to the thread by creating a new post for grading
This is a pass/fail assignment. All elements must be completed (simulating the workplace where incomplete work is unacceptable) for credit. You cannot receive partial credit.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Plan, create, and evaluate argumentative essays and other research documents.
- Write clearly, coherently, and persuasively using proper grammar and mechanics, and formatting appropriate to the situation.
- Learn research fundamentals and academically evaluate source materials.
- Develop research skills for use in the academic and professional environment.
Research_Communication_Table.docx (36.061 KB)