Choose an article from EBSCOhost that relates to at least one of the learning objectives found in the Getting Started – This Week’s Activities folder for this week. You must summarize the article, and explain the connection between the article and at least one learning objective. Clearly state the learning objective(s) in the introduction.
The requirements below must be met for your News Flash to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include a cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Include at least one external reference other than the article being summarized, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not considered an external reference.
- Identify reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the body of the paper and list them on a reference page.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).