Advantages and disadvantages of marketing tools used in healthcare.
In this unit, you will explore the advantages and disadvantages of marketing tools used in healthcare. By the end of the unit, you will be able to make recommendations on what marketing tools would be most useful and effective given various elemental factors and internal influences.
To begin, select one (1) of the following healthcare systems that you would like to explore for this unit:
• Acute care
• Ambulatory care
• Assisted living
• Continuing care retirement community
• Critical access hospital
• Dialysis care
• Home health care
• Hospice care
• Long-term care
• Memory care
• Palliative care
• Pediatric care
• Primary care
• Short-term care (e.g., post-surgery therapy)
• Surgical care • Veterans Administration •
Next, select an environment/location:
• Downtown New York City • Denver, Colorado • Mobile, Alabama • Boston, Massachusetts • Rural Minnesota • Savannah, Georgia • Los Angeles, California • Fort Worth, Texas • Anchorage, Alaska
Finally, select three (3) marketing tools:
• Radio advertisement
• Social media
• Provide a general overview of your select healthcare system.
• Discuss the demographics of your select location.
• Discuss the advantages of using each marketing tool at your healthcare system and location.
• Discuss the disadvantages of using each marketing tool at your healthcare system and location. • Summarize which marketing tool you would recommend that would yield the highest marketing potential of your select healthcare system and location.
• Be sure to support your assertions with evidence-based research, scholarly articles, and well-supported strategies that support your predictions.
• 3-4 page paper excluding front and back matter (APA standards apply).
Hint: Try locating a healthcare system that you are familiar with, would like to network with, have heard concerns about, or one that is completely unfamiliar to you.