- Available Mar 13 at 12am - Apr 23 at 11:59pm about 1 month
Choose one of the following options
This allows others to see your work. So please rate at least 2 other reports.
- Journal about how YOU resolved Marcia's various statuses to achieve identity.
- We all went through a process of figuring out who we are, what we believe, what we will do with the rest of our life. Some people got stuck, diffused. Others went with what was expected of them, foreclosure (very difficult for trans kids who are simply NOT what they appear to be). Most go through a period of moratorium where they search, explore, consider, and finally learn what will work for them and commit to that—by then they have achieved identity.
- My story is now about 8 pages long and I fully expect to re-invent myself when I retire. You too do have a story, and it is a good thing to know about yourself.
- Report on an article related to this stage of development and relate 5 concepts from the chapter to the article.
- What to read students ask? I really would like YOU to do some critical thinking.
- Go to http://www.scholar.google.com and key in your life stage and sex or whatever age of interest—like your parents stage and sex. I just searched mid-life and sex and found 56,000 hits—focused on safe sex to see if there is anything new that I don’t know, just to be sure.
- Why do you need to know about sex at all ages? Because as soon as you get a college degree, everyone expects you to be an expert in everything, including sex.
- Too Risque? Search Development of job skills or Cognitive dissonance.
- Report on a video related to this stage of development and relate 5 concepts from the chapter to the article
- Students are telling me they use UTube videos to help them learn course concepts. Gotta be something out there of interest to you. Let me try it.
- I went to goodsearch.com and asked for “Safe Sex for Seniors” video since “the rate of STDs among sexually active senior citizens has risen over 70% in the last five years.” Immediately envisioned my grandparents—not happening!
- Why do you need to know about sex at all ages? Because as soon as you tell people you took a psychology course, they ask you a question about sex. And if we are lucky, we will get there soon enough—might as well be able to enjoy it.
- Too risqué? Search Joy DeGruy - Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome - YouTube (Links to an external site.)
- Metacognition Challenge for the 21st Century: How do we use the relativistic thinking and postformal operational thinking possible for adults to understand everything possible and make smart decisions about life?
- Ready to start thinking about thinking at an adult level? Here is some help from Buster Benson at http://www.businessinsider.com/4-basic-problems-cause-all-the-cognitive-biases-that-screw-up-our-judgment-2017-3 (Links to an external site.) :
- Writing Assignment: Read the following and think about how it might help you organize all the information in your course along with all the information in your experience that is related to the course in the light of what you will be doing with your life in the next 10 years. 250-1000 words. Use at least five key terms from the article in the link.
- Clarification of this assignment: The above is one assignment. Those are both related to the article and the textbook.Remember in the introduction I asked you to say what you would be doing in 10 years? You will have decisions to make between now and then to meet your goals--decisions about your life.This course hopefully has given you information about those options and opportunities. It has involved a lot of information--you may have noticed; how will you take advantage of it?Hopefully you have been using formal operational thinking for a few years now and maybe even postformal operational thinking, or you will be soon--it will involve less dichotomous thinking and more relativistic thinking. So I'm asking you to take stock. Given your 10 year goals and what you have just learned, how will you handle it and make the decisions that will get you to your goal? I hope this clarification helps you do this assignment. syb
NOTE:. To improve your thinking and writing, create your report in a word processor and use the spell and grammar checker and then proofread your paper before you submit under Assignments. Due April 23.
Submit your assignment in the box that opens when you click assignments or attach a file. All types of files were submitted in the previous unit and I could open them there. That way I have a space to put the grade right there and a place to comment on your work. But if you try twice and it doesn't work, just email it to me as an attachment with your name and course on it.