Visuals are a very important piece to your Presentation. Have you considered data visuals? Typically large amounts of data become difficult to convey to audiences when you have a small amount of time. Also, data visuals provide a persuasive way to communicate and connect with your audience in an engaging way. Read through the e-text in My Reviewers: A Rhetorical Approach -Data Visualizations (p.89). How might you incorporate this into your own presentation?
Step 1:Use Graphiq (Links to an external site.)to search data visuals that you might choose to include in your presentation. Spend some time here to find a good data visual
Step 2: Post a link or attach the image of your data visual. Why did you choose it? How will it help you communicate an important message from your paper.
Step 3: Find an online article that uses a data visualization successfully - share the link & discuss your findings here. Consider the following:
- What types of information did the author choose to visualize?
- As a reader, how does the visualization help you to better understand the information presented
- Consider those same data visualizations, this time looking at how the writer talks about the visualization .
- How does the writer introduce the visualization within the text?
- Where is the visualization placed in relation to its textual reference?
The AlloSphere (Links to an external site.)-Ted Talk
Aaron Koblin-Ted Talk (Links to an external site.)