Write an analysis of a communication situation you have recently experienced within your workplace, using a specified model or theory.
Applying communication models is more straightforward the fewer the number of individuals involved in a communication. Analyzing an interaction you have had yourself is the foundation upon which your understanding and insight into the communication approaches within all sizes of organizations begins.SHOW LESS
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze business communication situations.
- Describe the communication context of this situation.
- Competency 2: Analyze the interrelationships of communication within organizational systems.
- Identify the source and the receiver.
- Compare the intended and actual effects of the message.
- Assess whether a shared meaning or shared reality was constructed.
- Competency 3: Communicate effectively.
- Describe the message and its function.
- Explain how the message was encoded and decoded.
- Explain how a channel or channels are used to transmit a message.
- Describe the type(s) of noise experienced.
- Consistently apply appropriate APA style and formatting.