the Internet and Strayer University databases, research J. C. Penney Company, Inc. from its inception to current-day
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you: (1st) change (2nd)
- Evaluate two (2) key changes in J.C. Penney’s management’s style from the company’s
inception to the current day. Indicate whether or not you believe the company is properly managed today. Provide support for your position.
- Explain senior management’s role in preparing the organization to shift from a catalog-based retailer to an Internet retailer. Provide evidence of whether the transition was seamless or problematic from a management perspective. Provide support for your rationale.
- Evaluate management’s decision to use celebrities as key merchandise vendors and spokespersons. Indicate the organizational impact of these decisions.
- As a manager within the JC Penney organization, suggest one (1) innovative idea that could have a positive impact on both the employees and customers of the company. Indicate the approach you will take in implementing the new idea. Provide support for your suggestion.
- Predict JC Penney’s ability to adapt to the changing needs of customers and the market nvironment. Indicate one (1) key change in the management structure that may be beneficial to ensuring such an adaptation to change. Provide support for your prediction.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.