asreported BALANCE SHEET.xlsasreported CASH FLOW.xlsasreported INCOME STATEMENT.xlspredefined.pdf
Evaluation of Corporate Performance
For the Final Paper, you will apply the concepts learned in class to an
analysis of a company using data from its annual report. Using the
concepts from this course, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses
of the company. You will then write a report either recommending or not
recommending purchase of the company stock.
Research Tip: The Mergent database in the Ashford University Library
contains company profiles and financial information for publicly traded
companies and their competitors. To access this database, enter the
Ashford University Library by clicking the “Library” link on the left
navigation bar in your online course. Once you are in the Library,
select “Find Articles and More” in the top menu panel. Next, select
“Databases A-Z” and go to section M to access the Mergent database. For
help with using Mergent, use “Mergent Online Quick Tips.”
For help with reading an annual report access this handy guide from Money Chimp.
The completed report should include:
- An introduction to the company, including background information.
- A complete and thorough financial statement review.
- Pro Forma financial statements (balance sheet and income
statement) for the next fiscal year, assuming a 10% growth rate in sales
and cost of goods sold (COGS) for the next year.
- Complete ratio analysis for the last fiscal year using at least two ratios from each of the following categories:
- Financial leverage
- Asset management
- Market value
- Calculate return on equity (ROE) using the DuPont system.
- Calculate economic value added.
- A synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and
rationale for whether or not to purchase stock from this company.
This report should be eight to ten pages long excluding title page and
reference page(s). Use APA 6th edition formatting guidelines as
outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Support your findings and
recommendations with evidence from at least five scholarly resources;
such as the textbook, industry reports, and articles from the Ashford
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
please read this first.docx
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student's name
- Course name and number
- Instructor's name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style