The objective of this assignment is to create forms and reports in internet development environment. The questions asked will help you in the development of rapid development applications and control data access by creating event related triggers. Test and debug web applications through the forms environment and creating different types of reports. Learning outcomes Assessed
1. Create and manipulate forms within the Oracle IDS environment.
2. Develop web based applications using IDS
. 3. Design Oracle IDS reports.
Instructions to the students:
Perform all tasks
. Task-1: A few of the application systems which can be developed using Internet Development Suite software are given below. You have to develop any one of the given application system of your choice by completing all the requirements stated below. You may visit any organization / company to know the business process of the chosen application
. Banking system
Renting a car system
Airline Reservation System
1. Submit a work proposal for this assignment by the end of week 6 th i.e. 18th November,2017 (11:55 pm) which must include:
Understanding of deliverables – a detail description of deliverables.
Identified resources (web resources and books)
. Timeline for completion of tasks.
Brief description of the chosen application type (Banking system/Rent a car/airline Reservation System system).
General overview of proposed plan - initial understanding of solution from task2 to task12. The work proposal must be submitted in a Word file through the link available in Moodle. (10 marks) 2. Create all the required database tables in the database with relevant data types (must include the DATE column) and integrity constraints. The code for creating the tables must be included in the report / documentation.
2. Create all the required database tables in the database with relevant data types (must include the DATE column) and integrity constraints. The code for creating the tables must be included in the report / documentation
3. The forms developed in your application must differentiate between controls like Label, Text Item and Display Item. Appropriate use of these controls must be implemented in the application.
4. Demonstrate the usage of form level trigger and key trigger in any of the forms. (3 marks) 5. Image item control and radio buttons must be implemented in any of the forms along with code related with the selection of a radio button and loading an image in the image control
6. List item and dynamic list item controls must be implemented.
) 7. Alerts should be implemented with necessary code in any of the forms as a caution to the user before deleting the records from the database.
8. At least two types of canvas should be implemented
9. Code should be written for database operations like insert, update, delete and search. Code should also be included to insert and update data involving multiple tables (e.g. if item is purchased, a purchase record is inserted into the purchase table and balance stock is updated in another table). Use of wizards for these operations will not carry any marks and should be avoided. Relevant code should be written in the forms based on the chosen application to accomplish the business process
) 10. Create a master / detail form (using wizard) relevant to your application and write a trigger to prevent deletion of a master record if child records exist
) 11. Develop a menu module and integrate it with forms. You may demonstrate calling / opening various forms using the menu.
) 12. Create any three reports which must include a tabular report parameter report and a group by report relevant to your application. The group report must include the total value (for any column) group-wise.