For Each of the following questions respond with at least 250 words for each question.
W2 Questions 1
1. In what ways is the Zara model counterintuitive? In what ways has Zara's model made the firm a better performer than Gap and other competitors?
2. What do you believe are the most significant long-term threats to Netflix? How is Netflix trying to address these threats? What obstacles does the firm face in dealing with these threats?
3. Spend some time online researching services such as Netflix, BlockBuster, Hulu, and other streaming movie sites. How do these services compare? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of these different services?
4. Describe some of the features (i.e., functions, menu options) of the information system that you chose in week one (make sure you have an approved information system before you complete this assignment). When describing a feature, walk the user through that feature, describing the interactions the user has with the system. What data or information does the user enter into that feature? What does the information system do with that data? Does it transform it in some way? How is that data later retrieved or displayed (output)? What is that data used for?
W3 Questions 2
1.What is e-waste? What is so dangerous about e-waste? Many well-meaning individuals thought that recycling was the answer to the e-waste problem. But why hasn't e-waste recycling yielded the results hoped for?
2. What are network effects? Think about the kinds of technology products that you own, or websites you use, that are subject to network effects. What sorts of exchange do these products leverage (e.g., information, money, software, or other media)? Give several concrete examples and explain them as clearly as you can in your own words.
3. Find an article online that discusses the problem of e-waste, preferably one that also proposed a solution. In your own words summarize and critique the article. Do you think it is a viable solution? Why or why not? Be sure to include the url to your article.
4. Describe the impact that your chosen information system has on your organization. Be sure to consider both the positive and negative impacts. Over-dependence on an information system can be a negative impact, so also discuss whether your organization has any contingency plans for business continuity during system outages.