Create a 7- to 10-slide presentation on police operations in which you address the following:
- What are the various functions of police agencies?
- Under what authority are officers able to make arrests, conduct searches, and interrogate people?
- Provide a minimum of two examples of police corruption or other police misconduct that have occurred in the last ten years. Include a summary of each situation and how the issues were handled. Be sure one of your examples is the article you presented and discussed with your collaborative group.
- Does discretion play into police corruption and misconduct? Why or why not?
- Include a summary of your discussion with your collaborative group.
Provide examples to support your points in the presentation.
List major points in the slides using "bullet points," keeping text to a minimum. Include detailed explanations in the speaker notes section of each slide. Speaker notes should contain approximately 100 words with research followed by a citation (exception Title Slide and Reference Slide)
Include videos, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate.
Include at least two references are from the Electronic Reserve Readings, UOP Library, Google Scholar, eBook Collection, or course reading assignments