Student will write the paper from the viewpoint of a social work intern.
Complete Policy draft – Draft should contain the following.
• The student analyzes the impact of one (1) agency policy and/or macro systems that affect the client system (positively or negatively).
• Describe one agency policy that impacts on the client system.
Use headings and subheadings in the paper
Paper should be a total of 3 to 4 pages (APA Style) with 3 to 4 journal articles used as references.
Introduction - Briefly introduce the agency, the client system, the policy and how the policy relates to the client system.
A. Policy specifications
1. Detail history of policy under study
2. Describe problems that the policy will redress
3. Identify values and beliefs embedded in the policy
4. State goals of the policy
5. Summarize details of the policy, and then address:
B. Policy feasibility
1. Identify projected outcomes
2. Discuss political and economic feasibility
3. Support and dissent for the policy
4. Assess ramifications of the policy for existing human service delivery system
C. Policy Merits
1. Assess effectiveness
2. Weigh social costs of the policy
3. Evaluate differential effects on diverse populations
4. Judge merits of the policy
Information needed to write the paper.
I am doing my field placement at a drug rehabilitation center that offers outpatient services, such as individual counseling and IOP (Intensive outpatient services) where drug users come voluntarily or are court ordered to get treatment services from our facility. The purpose of the facility is to help clients live a drug free life without the use of drugs and alcohol. About 90% of the clients are court ordered to complete treatment and are subjected to random drug screens. Clients participation and progress re reported to their probation officers who at any time depending on their behavior could violate the terms of their probation and send them to jail.
The purposes of the paper is to describe one policy of my agency that impacts the client system and discuss what I feel are problems or could be potential problems of this policy and how I can change it.
Most drug rehabilitation centers operate under similar polices so you can basically search for any drug addiction center and go off of (pick) one of their policies and how it can be improved or changed to complete this assignment.
Please note - this paper consists of 3 parts - this is part one of three. if interested I will use you for the two additional parts as well.