Your task is to create a developmentally
appropriate classroom management plan for a selected age level within the early
childhood program. The plan should reflect my individual personality, which is fun, loving, confident, straightforward, and child-friendly,my teaching style, is to teach a classroom that is student oriented. Here, I the teacher develops activities that help students build relationships while learning the needed material. Some of the activities will be based on students interacting with each other while they solve problems that are related to real life events. Also my philosophy of education: (My philosophy to teach the whole child, cognitive, social, physical, and emotional) It should also define my goals as an early childhood education classroom manager, (My goal is to see All children become success learners) and reflect my ability to
synthesize the knowledge and insights gained from the readings, research, and
discussions throughout this early childhood class.
Your plan should include:
- A philosophical statement on your beliefs about
classroom management, and a description of your teaching style.
- A description of your classroom design:
- A description and rationale for the climate you intend
to create and nurture in your classroom. Be sure to include the age
range/level of the students (i.e. 4-5 year olds, pre-K program).
- What strategies and techniques will you use to create
an inclusive classroom environment for all students?
- A description and rationale for the logistics of the
classroom – furniture arrangement, seating arrangements, storage of
materials, use of wall space, control of environmental factors, etc.
- You may include a map to illustrate your classroom
arrangement if you wish.
- How are classroom rules created?
- What might classroom rules include?
- How are classroom rules and expectations communicated
to students, parents, and administrators?
- How will curriculum be selected? How are lessons
structured? How do they start and finish?
- How will technology fit into your plan?
- How will you adapt educational activities to meet the
needs of young children with diverse backgrounds?
- How will student learning/progress be assessed?
- What strategies and techniques will you use to use to
promote self-discipline in young children?
- How will you communicate your strategies with parents
and other family members?
- Statement of how your plan reflects a positive
learning environment that is developmentally appropriate.
Paper must be eight to ten
double-spaced pages in length, and formatted
Must include a title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a
succinct thesis statement.
Must address the topic of the paper with critical
Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
Must use at least nine scholarly sources.
Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page