Classroom Management Plan
Your task is to create a developmentally appropriate classroom management plan for a selected age level within the early childhood program. The plan should reflect my individual personality, which is fun, loving, confident, straightforward, and child-friendly,my teaching style, is to teach a classroom that is student oriented. Here, I the teacher develops activities that help students build relationships while learning the needed material. Some of the activities will be based on students interacting with each other while they solve problems that are related to real life events. Also my philosophy of education: (My philosophy to teach the whole child, cognitive, social, physical, and emotional) It should also define my goals as an early childhood education classroom manager, (My goal is to see All children become success learners) and reflect my ability to synthesize the knowledge and insights gained from the readings, research, and discussions throughout this early childhood class.
Your plan should include:
- A philosophical statement on your beliefs about classroom management, and a description of your teaching style.
- A description of your classroom design:
- A description and rationale for the climate you intend to create and nurture in your classroom. Be sure to include the age range/level of the students (i.e. 4-5 year olds, pre-K program).
- What strategies and techniques will you use to create an inclusive classroom environment for all students?
- A description and rationale for the logistics of the classroom – furniture arrangement, seating arrangements, storage of materials, use of wall space, control of environmental factors, etc.
- You may include a map to illustrate your classroom arrangement if you wish.
- How are classroom rules created?
- What might classroom rules include?
- How are classroom rules and expectations communicated to students, parents, and administrators?
- How will curriculum be selected? How are lessons structured? How do they start and finish?
- How will technology fit into your plan?
- How will you adapt educational activities to meet the needs of young children with diverse backgrounds?
- How will student learning/progress be assessed?
- What strategies and techniques will you use to use to promote self-discipline in young children?
- How will you communicate your strategies with parents and other family members?
- Statement of how your plan reflects a positive learning environment that is developmentally appropriate.
Paper must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted Must include a title page with the following: Title of paper Student’s name Course name and number Instructor’s name Date submitted Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis. Must use at least nine scholarly sources. Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page