Complete the Interest Assessment on the Careers in Criminal Justice website.
Review two of the careers suggested for you in the Career Profiles section of the Careers in Criminal Justice website.
Answer the following questions about each of the careers you reviewed:
- What interests you most about this career?
- What personal qualities or abilities do you possess that might make you successful in this career?
- What steps might you take to learn more about this career?
Imagine that you have been asked by your local police department to create a brochure for distribution to help improve the level of engagement and interaction the police has with your community.
Create a brochure using the Brochure Builder. Be sure that the following questions are answered in your brochure:
- What is the role of police?
- Which amendments to the U.S. Constitution directly affect policing?
- What is community policing? What is at least one way that citizens can contribute to the improvement of relations between the police and the community?
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you discuss the U.S. corrections system. Include the following in your presentation:
- The primary differences between jails and prisons
- The primary difference between parole and probation
- The name and a description of a community corrections program in your area
- At least two benefits of your selected community corrections program
Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines.