Select a publicly traded, U.S. corporation with which you are familiar or one where you currently work or have worked in the past.
Research the company and FROM THE COMPANY WEBSITE download the Income Statement, Statement of Shareholders' Equity, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows. do not use summary sites- go directly to the company website that you have chosen. Scroll down and click Investor Relations. You are looking for a 10-K, or Annual Report (the MOST RECENT) under either Annual filings or SEC Finlings. DO NOT use a 10-Q(quarterly Report).
THIS IS NOT A PAPER. Only Answer the following questions- APA format is NOT used for this assignment:
- Determine the net income for the current fiscal year (FY). Is this income up or down from the prior year?
- Explain the relevance of changes in net income to investors.
- Determine the ending balance in shareholders' equity. Why would organizations such as labor unions be interested in this?
- Determine the total value of assets.
- Discuss the relevance of the total value of assets to potential creditors and why this is important.
- Using excel:Compute the return on assets. Discuss the relative profitability of the company based on your results.
- Using Excel:Compute the working capital and current ratio. Evaluate the relative liquidity of the company based on your results.
- Using excel: Compute the debt to assets ratio and the free cash flow for your company. Analyze the results and comment on the relative solvency of the company.
- Discuss how the financial statements are used in your current role or a position you would like to hold. How might these aid you in managerial decision making?
Show your calculations only in Excel®. Please put question answers in a word document.
Complete calculations/computations using Excel®.
Include A WORKING LINK TO THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. Copy and paste the URL in the address bar of the statements.