Solve a Problem
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you use the creative
process to solve a problem with which you have experience. Include
• Describe each stage in the creative process using Ch. 5 of your
• Search for a personal challenge. Explain how you used the
techniques to develop curiosity in your search (see Ch. 6).
• Express the problem created by this personal challenge (see
Ch. 7). Refine your expression of the problem by considering
multiple perspectives and deciding which expression is best.
Include both the initial and the refined version. Justify your
• Investigate the problem by obtaining necessary information (see
Ch. 8). List the questions must answer to understand the
problem. Identify a source of information to answer each
• Conclude your investigation with a thorough explanation of the
problem, including answers to each of the questions you
• Produce ideas toward solution of this problem (see Ch. 9). List
all of your ideas—whether they are ridiculous or serious is not
• Discuss the two ideas that you think are the most imaginative,
original, and positive potential solutions to the problem.
• Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.