1. Imagine that you work for a company that sells three (3) major products and has traditionally been conducting business within the U.S. The CEO asks you for your thoughts on setting up an organizational structure that could facilitate foreign expansion of the company. Determine the key issues that you would discuss with the CEO regarding the company’s international strategy before you make any recommendations. Recommend which one (1) of the three (3) strategies (emphasis on global, emphasis on location, or emphasis on global learning) should be used for foreign expansion of the company. Provide a rationale for your response.
2. Examine two (2) potential risks that could adversely affect operational effectiveness of U.S. multinational corporations that have plans to do business in Cuba. Recommend strategies that could help the companies mitigate these risks. Provide rationale for your reasoning.
3. Create a brief set of guidelines that a company could use to select an anchor partner. The guidelines should include the top three (3) qualities of an anchor partner and recommend the initial actions that a company will take once it identifies an anchor partner.
4. From the e-Activity, assuming you work for a multinational company that manufactures fruit beverages. Your company now wants to expand its supplier base to include fruit farmers in Nicaragua. Identify three key issues that your company must address with the local farmers to ensure success. Provide rationale for your reasoning.
5. Read the article titled “10 Principles of Change Management” at http://www.strategy-business.com/media/file/resilience-04-15-04-rebrand.pdf (SEE ATTACHED AS WELL). In the article, the authors advocated for diagnosing an organization’s culture (i.e., 8. Address culture explicitly), often considered the most difficult aspect to evaluate when diagnosing organizations. Speculate on at least two (2) challenges that business leaders might face when diagnosing organizational culture during substantial business transition within a company. Propose key strategies to mitigate the challenges in question and support your response.
6. From the article, select one (1) principle that you mostly agree with and examine its fundamental strengths and weaknesses. Include one (1) example or scenario in which you could apply the chosen principle to support your response.
7. Technology is a key driver of change and an important source of competitive advantage in business environments. Examine the overall manner in which an enterprise could exploit the opportunities that technology offers in order to establish or sustain a competitive advantage. Include a real-world example to support your response.
8. Use the Internet or Strayer Library to research two to three (2-3) articles on soda wars among American soft drink manufacturers, primarily between Coca-Cola and Pepsi. Next, propose a strategy that one (1) of the soft drink manufacturers could use to increase its competitive advantage. Provide a rationale for your response.