DISASTER MANAGMENT

Jul 6th, 2015
Studypool Tutor
Allen County Community College
Price: $30 USD

Tutor description

India has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disasters on account of its unique geo-climatic conditions. Floods, droughts, cyclones, earthquakes and landslides have been a recurrent phenomena. About 60% of the landmass is prone

Word Count: 249
Showing Page: 1/5
DISASTER MANAGMENTPRESENTED BY:- NISHANT KUMAR(51)WHAT IS DISASTER MANAGMENTIndia has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disasters on account ofits unique geo-climatic conditions. Floods, droughts, cyclones,earthquakes andlandslides have been a recurrent phenomena. About 60% of thelandmass is proneto earthquakes of various intensities; over 40 million hectares is proneto floods;about 8% of the total area is prone to cyclones and 68% of the area issusceptibleto drought. In the decade 1990-2000, an average of about 4344 peoplelost theirlives and about 30 million people were affected by disasters every year.The lossin terms of private, community and public assets has been astronomical..The super cyclone in Orissa in October, 1999and the Bhuj earthquake inGujarat in January, 2001 underscored theneed to adopt a multi dimensionalendeavour involving diverse scientific,engineering, financial and socialprocesses; the need to adopt multidisciplinary and multi sect oral approach andincorporation of risk reduction in thedevelopmental plans and strategiesFRAMEWORKAt the State level,the work of post calamity relief was being handled by the Departments ofRelief& Rehabilitation. The Government of India is working with the StateGovernments to restructure the Departments of Relief & Rehabilitation intoDepartments of Disaster Management with an enhanced area ofresponsibility toinclude mit

Review from student

Studypool Student
" Outstanding Job!!!! "
Ask your homework questions. Receive quality answers!

Type your question here (or upload an image)

1831 tutors are online

Brown University





1271 Tutors

California Institute of Technology




2131 Tutors

Carnegie Mellon University




982 Tutors

Columbia University





1256 Tutors

Dartmouth University





2113 Tutors

Emory University





2279 Tutors

Harvard University





599 Tutors

Massachusetts Institute of Technology



2319 Tutors

New York University





1645 Tutors

Notre Dam University





1911 Tutors

Oklahoma University





2122 Tutors

Pennsylvania State University





932 Tutors

Princeton University





1211 Tutors

Stanford University





983 Tutors

University of California





1282 Tutors

Oxford University





123 Tutors

Yale University





2325 Tutors