an_analysis_deepak_srivas...

Jul 8th, 2015
Studypool Tutor
Acadia University
Price: $30 USD

Tutor description

FDI plays an important role in the development process of a country. It has potential for making a contribution to the development through the transfer of financial resources, technology and innovative and improved management techniques along with raising productivity. Developing countries like India need substantial foreign inflows to achieve the required investment to accelerate economic growth and development. It can act as a catalyst for domestic industrial development.

Word Count: 3383
Showing Page: 1/8
International Journal of BusinessManagement & Research (IJBMR)ISSN 2249-6920Vol 2 issue 2 June 2012 1-8 TJPRC Pvt. Ltd.,AN ANALYSIS OF RETAIL SECTOR IN INDIA : WITH REFERENCE TO FDIDEEPAK SRIVASTAVAResearch Scholar , NIMS University, Rajasthan, IndiaABSTRACTFDI plays an important role in the development process of a country. It has potential for making acontribution to the development through the transfer of financial resources, technology and innovativeand improved management techniques along with raising productivity. Developing countries like Indianeed substantial foreign inflows to achieve the required investment to accelerate economic growth anddevelopment. It can act as a catalyst for domestic industrial development.The Government of India was initially very apprehensive of the introduction of the Foreign DirectInvestment in the Retail Sector in India. The unorganized retail sector as has been mentioned earlieroccupies 98% of the retail sector and the rest 2% is contributed by the organized sector. Hence onereason why the government feared the surge of the Foreign Direct Investments in India was thedisplacement of labour.The unorganized retail sector contributes about 14% to the GDP and absorbs about 7% of our labourforce. Hence the issue of displacement of labour consequent to FDI is of primal importance.There are different viewpoints on the impact of FDI in the retail sector in India, According to oneviewpoint, the US evidence is empirical pr

Review from student

Studypool Student
" Thanks for the help. "
Ask your homework questions. Receive quality answers!

Type your question here (or upload an image)

1830 tutors are online

Brown University





1271 Tutors

California Institute of Technology




2131 Tutors

Carnegie Mellon University




982 Tutors

Columbia University





1256 Tutors

Dartmouth University





2113 Tutors

Emory University





2279 Tutors

Harvard University





599 Tutors

Massachusetts Institute of Technology



2319 Tutors

New York University





1645 Tutors

Notre Dam University





1911 Tutors

Oklahoma University





2122 Tutors

Pennsylvania State University





932 Tutors

Princeton University





1211 Tutors

Stanford University





983 Tutors

University of California





1282 Tutors

Oxford University





123 Tutors

Yale University





2325 Tutors