Characteristics of Abusers

Apr 15th, 2015
Studypool Tutor
Price: $10 USD

Tutor description

In a 3 page paper, describe the characteristics of abusers and analyze four characteristics of abusers in domestic violence situations and four roles of substance abuse and its effect on domestic violence. Strongly support your claims with detailed information, examples, case studies, etc.

Word Count: 980
Showing Page: 1/5
Characteristics of AbusersNameClassDateProfessorCharacteristics of Abusers Abuse can come in many different forms and can cause major physical and mental health consequences to the victims. The abuse is not the fault of the victim but the fault of the characteristics of the abusers. Abuse can be physical, sexual, emotional or verbal as well as involving neglect. Abusers want power and control over their victims and will go to any means to ensure this happens. Physical abuse and sexual abuse consists of the abuser inserting their control over their victims using violence and force while emotional and verbal abuse involves the abuser using hateful words and continued insults. Statistics show that 92% of all abusers are men while the other 8% consists of women that are mainly abusers of their children (Victoria, 2006). There are many theories as to way or what characteristics cause the abuser to abuse. One common characteristic of the abuser is low self-esteem. Even though the abuser may display and outer appearance of confidence in truth they have low self-esteem and as a result they become hyper-macho to prove their masculinity to the world. Another common characteristic is controlling behavior. Due to low self-esteem and other insecurities the abuser must control everyone and everything around them. Controlling behavior also includes the abuser isolating the victim from friends and family and showing extreme jealousy due to a lack of

Review from student

Studypool Student
" Thanks, good work "
Ask your homework questions. Receive quality answers!

Type your question here (or upload an image)

1827 tutors are online

Brown University





1271 Tutors

California Institute of Technology




2131 Tutors

Carnegie Mellon University




982 Tutors

Columbia University





1256 Tutors

Dartmouth University





2113 Tutors

Emory University





2279 Tutors

Harvard University





599 Tutors

Massachusetts Institute of Technology



2319 Tutors

New York University





1645 Tutors

Notre Dam University





1911 Tutors

Oklahoma University





2122 Tutors

Pennsylvania State University





932 Tutors

Princeton University





1211 Tutors

Stanford University





983 Tutors

University of California





1282 Tutors

Oxford University





123 Tutors

Yale University





2325 Tutors