May 5th, 2015
Studypool Tutor
Price: $35 USD

Tutor description

Word Count: 869
Showing Page: 1/5
Why dont women patent?Name:Professor:University:Class:Date:From the podcast, one could get the notion that women play very little role in patent ownership. But why is this case? We get that when we look at patent filling, women are only responsible for averagely 7% of patent files leaving about 93% patent holdings for men. This is wanting! Even in employment positions or job opportunities, men are likely to be found venturing in career jobs which promote patenting. This well explains the male female patent gaping across the board in different industries within the society ranging from business, medicine or education. Thus, women tend to gravitate towards the lowly paying jobs within these fields. In a research conducted by an economics lecturer Britain, First year students of his economics class were separated to have both same sex classes and mixed classes. After 8 weeks of class, the lecturer learnt that there was an equal behavior between the female students as well as the male students. Interesting enough, when both were combined into a mixed class, the female students would relax, hold back and give room for the male students to take over. This experiment revealed to the professor that female students compete more among them than when they were mixed with the male students.In a late NBER paper, Jennifer Hunt et al. present a stark certainty that only 5.5% of the holders of marketed licenses are ladies. One may feel that this is clarified

Review from student

Studypool Student
" Great stuff, glad they allow me to choose tutors. Would definitely come back for this tutor. "
Ask your homework questions. Receive quality answers!

Type your question here (or upload an image)

1830 tutors are online

Brown University

1271 Tutors

California Institute of Technology

2131 Tutors

Carnegie Mellon University

982 Tutors

Columbia University

1256 Tutors

Dartmouth University

2113 Tutors

Emory University

2279 Tutors

Harvard University

599 Tutors

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

2319 Tutors

New York University

1645 Tutors

Notre Dam University

1911 Tutors

Oklahoma University

2122 Tutors

Pennsylvania State University

932 Tutors

Princeton University

1211 Tutors

Stanford University

983 Tutors

University of California

1282 Tutors

Oxford University

123 Tutors

Yale University

2325 Tutors