case Study for Green IT Project Management Application

Jun 18th, 2015
Studypool Tutor
Alabama State University
Price: $25 USD

Tutor description

Going “Green” is a mission of many companies around the globe not just for reasons of environmental responsibility, but also for cutting costs in these extremely tight economic times. Green IT efforts represent a specific focus area within enterprises that hold attention to this trend. Green IT leverages information technology to streamline operations, cut costly waste, and reduce the impact on the environment. IT typically consumes only about 10% of an organization’s energy costs, but the net effect of a Green IT project is to go beyond just energy saving. To tackle the other 90%, a Green IT project extends into a variety of other departments, and to execute such an endeavor requires an effective project management function in order to identify and prioritize goals. A Green IT transformation can be a complex process. This case study explores the use of the HostedDatabase.com Project Management web application for managing a Green IT project that insures good environmental stewardship. I

Word Count: 1765
Showing Page: 1/5
Case Study Vighnesh B CB107CS270 Case Study for Green IT Project Management ApplicationProject profileGoing "Green" is a mission of many companies around the globe not just for reasons ofenvironmental responsibility, but also for cutting costs in these extremely tight economic times. Green IT efforts represent a specific focus area within enterprises that hold attention to this trend. Green IT leverages information technology to streamline operations, cut costly waste, and reduce the impact on the environment. IT typically consumes only about 10% of an organization's energy costs, but the net effect of a Green IT project is to go beyond just energy saving. To tackle the other 90%, a Green IT project extends into a variety of other departments, and to execute such an endeavor requires an effective project management function in order to identify and prioritize goals. A Green IT transformation can be a complex process. This case study explores the use of the HostedDatabase.com Project Management web application for managing a Green IT project that insures good environmental stewardship. In the process, we'll outline many of the contemporary tasks included in such an effort. We've also set up a demo application that you're welcome to run and explo

Review from student

Studypool Student
" Goes above and beyond expectations ! "
Ask your homework questions. Receive quality answers!

Type your question here (or upload an image)

1825 tutors are online

Brown University





1271 Tutors

California Institute of Technology




2131 Tutors

Carnegie Mellon University




982 Tutors

Columbia University





1256 Tutors

Dartmouth University





2113 Tutors

Emory University





2279 Tutors

Harvard University





599 Tutors

Massachusetts Institute of Technology



2319 Tutors

New York University





1645 Tutors

Notre Dam University





1911 Tutors

Oklahoma University





2122 Tutors

Pennsylvania State University





932 Tutors

Princeton University





1211 Tutors

Stanford University





983 Tutors

University of California





1282 Tutors

Oxford University





123 Tutors

Yale University





2325 Tutors